I’ve been waiting for another tag recently, and Bonnie of Bonnie’s Blessings has just tagged me with the Liebster Award. I don’t understand the award part of it—it just looks like a tag to me—but I’m happy to do it nonetheless. Please be aware that I am in a sarcastic, satirical and critical mood and will therefore not be a good little boy and answer the questions just as they are.
Rules. All tags must have rules, I guess. I must first link back to the person who tagged me. Look in the first paragraph. Then I must answer all 11 questions. That’s down below. Next I must tag 11 bloggers who have less than a thousand readers. I object to the phrasing used here. Is it a thousand readers or a thousand followers? I officially follow one blog but read many more. It is nigh impossible to judge readers, so I will adjust the criticised statement to “11 bloggers who have less than a thousand followers”. Fourth I must ask these bloggers 11 questions, and lastly I have to make these people aware of their fortune through social media. (BTW. If you want a nice numbered list of the rules, pinch them off Bonnie’s post.)
1. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
I…don’t know. I am not the sort of person who treats scary things as thrilling challenges. Does reading scary books count? Imagining scary book ideas? I recall being scared the first time I abseiled. And trying to phone people. (I do not like ringing people up.)
2. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what advice would you give them?
You don’t find time. You make time.
3. Who are some famous people (currently alive) that you would like to meet someday?
What constitutes a famous person? There are some people I know of and respect and would love to meet in person, so I’ll go with them. Daniel Schwabauer. Brandon Sanderson. Christopher Hopper. Probably a few more who I can’t think of at this point. But really I’d prefer to meet the friends I haven’t spent time with in person.
4. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
Oh, I plan my books out in detail. And then I’m spontaneous when I write them. Basically I build upon my plans with spontaneity. (I find the fact that I do so quite amusing.)
5. What is your favourite joke?
I have no favourite joke. I appreciate most jokes, but I do not have a favourite one.
6. Who or what in your life has influenced you the most?
That’s really not a fair question. How am I meant to calculate the influence of everyone and everything I have encountered? My parents, my siblings, my grandparents and my extended family have all served to shape me into the person I am today. So have the authors I’ve read, especially Bryan Davis, Jerry B. Jenkins, Anthony Hope and Brandon Sanderson among others. My faith. My church. The Bible. What has had the most influence on me this year is the study How to Develop a Quiet Time by Eddie Rasnake. Even my own writings have helped to shape me. I’ve learned things about myself from The Teller’s Apprentice. I am who I am because of many influences, not just one.
7. Do you like spicy food?
If you would like to know the answer to this question, you may come to my place for lunch one day.
8. If you could try out any job for a day, which job would you pick?
I would argue that trying out a job for a day would not give me an accurate impression of the job. Most if not all jobs would be new and exciting the first day. It’s the persistence and discipline in a job that shows you what the job is actually like. Still, I would like to see what it’s like being a wilderness guide.
9. If you could learn one random skill, which skill would it be?
A natural proficiency at phone conversations.
10. What is the biggest personal change you have ever made?
I can think of a few.
11. If someone were to make a movie about your life so far, what would that movie be called?
I’m pretty sure the title would be chosen by the producer, not me. Why don’t you ask him? I’m thinking Matthew Sampson: The Greatest Author of All Time, but I’m open to suggestions.
And now for my questions. Should you read this, consider yourself tagged. Bwahaha. Have fun. Please observe my love of satire.
- What is your full name?
- When is your birthday?
- Where do you live?
- What is your family like?
- What faith do you profess?
- What is your secret dream?
- What is your secret fear?
- Who do you want to be like?
- What is one thing you’ve never told anyone?
- What is your calling in life?
- Why do you believe I am a stalker?